I have been getting to know Tuscany's work a bit as Eight Modern prepares for our Mind the Gap show opening November 21st and I'm really excited to see her sculptural works. She sent me her artist statement today and I just wanted to share her articulate thoughts about her recent work.
"An exoskeleton of feverishly consumed goods is filled with neo-colored creatures and environments for our re-consumption. Man made chasms brimming with natural squatters. My materials are humble but labored over and carefully considered for their properties and placement. Complex combinations of color, texture and form are assembled into semi-symbiotic relationships between plant, animal and man . Somewhere our medication, goods and tools relate back to the natural. Creatures with chemistry we digest to treat the conditions brought about by our new dilemmas and frontiers. Mostly, these are tributes and torch songs to the selfless, smart, and endlessly forgiving natural world. "
I've included a few images of her new work but I won't get to see it all until next week! There will be more images up on the website http://www.eightmodern.net/artists along with all the other really great artists exhibiting (whom I will probably be posting lotttttts given that it is just too much great stuff to write about at one time!)
For those of you in Santa Fe, you do not want to miss this show!

No comments:
Post a Comment